Sunday, January 1, 2012

Starting the New Year Off Right

Did you make a New Year's resolution?  I know what you're thinking, because I've thought the same thing many times in the past:  New Year's resolutions are stupid.  Everyone makes them; nobody keeps them.  I think the problem with most resolutions is that we set unattainable goals.  I've done that.  I'm going to lose 40 pounds (which is never going to happen, because I love food and hate exercise) is a great example.  So, this year, I made a new kind of resolution, and I know you can help me keep it.

I'm going to write every day.  Every day, my blog of random thoughts will grow - sometimes a little, sometimes a lot.  But grow it will, every single day.  I'm going to honor those that I've lost by making the most of the life that I've chosen and the dream I've been chasing.  I'm a writer, and it's time I started acting like one.

What's your passion?  Your dream?  Your vision?  Whatever it is, do it.  Throw yourself into it every day.  Make yourself proud.  Live your life as fully and joyfully as you can.  Give yourself permission to spend at least a few moments each day doing one thing that makes you truly happy.  After all, that's all we can really ask for in this life.  To live every moment like it's a gift to be cherished.  I'll do it if you will.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment